1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
1. I think the most important thing for people to know, is that not everyone will like it. Even though the emotion is real, the sound won't please everyone, and I think that's a vital thought to keep in mind for someone first listening to it, who may be putting his/her expectations too high.
2.Recently you have released an album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
2. Personally, I tried to keep the sound from sounding constant. I want my music to be more diverse, not just having one emotion the whole time. That is kind of why I chose to incorporate different aspects of black metal into one.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
3. Sort of a continuation off of my last answer, my lyrical themes differ. It ranges from feeling melancholia, to a deep longing for the atmosphere of nature.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Mire Of Despondancy'?
4. Well, when I first started thinking about names, I was thinking about not only a place, but an emotion that I felt at the time. For those who don't know, a mire is basically a very marshy/swampy area of land. My emotions were making me feel like I was totally despondent and sinking into a mire and I couldn't escape.
5.With this musical project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to remain solo?
5. Yes, actually, I am very open. I am currently working on a split with Ultra Suicide, and it should be released soon. However, I only like to work with someone who is making an effort, and who is dedicated.
6.What part of the U.S is the musical project located at?
6. It's located in Pennsylvania.
7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
7. Well, I got into contact with a label who only was going to give me one third of the copies they were making. Personally, I'd rather stay solo if it means not letting someone else make more off of my own music than me.
8.Is there any meaning behind the name 'Nokturnus Megrothas"?
8. Nokturnus was derived nocturnal, because I really love the night, especially the sky. Megrothas was actually derived from my first name, Megan. That was only really because I still wanted part of myself in this name.
9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
9. It's good as far as I'm concerned, I mean it was better than I ever expected. Although, I don't make music for feedback or for fans.
10.Are you also involved with any other musical projects?
10. No, I am not.
11.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
11. I'm not really sure, to be honest. Though fame and success isn't a goal of mine with this project. It'll take me wherever it takes me, I can only wait and see.
12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
12. As far as my ambient/atmospheric sound goes, my influences would be Thy Light, Coldworld, and Basarabian Hills. Other influences come from Asbel, Immortal (as far as lyrics), and Forgotten Tomb, etc. Basically every black metal band I listen to, has influenced me in some way because of my adoration for them. And as far as what I'm listening to these days, it's hard to name all of the music. Today it's been Falkenbach, Make a Change...Kill Yourself, Acid Witch, and Graveland.
13.Before we wrap up this interview do you have any final words or thoughts?
13. I'd just like to say thank you, sincerely, to everyone who has been supporting me. I didn't start this project to get fans, likes, or 'fame'. I started this to release my stress and negativity, but people liked it so it kind of inspired me to continue. The emotion is still all there, but the inspiration keeps coming and I'm so gratuitous for that, so thank you everyone.