1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
1. We're Agonie a Black Metal band from Germany. Actually we're 4 guys, Skinrur on lead guitar, Hjalmar at the drums, Azaghal on rythm guitar and Cernunnos at the microphone.
2.So far you have released a demo and an ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on both of the recordings?
2. Well, our sound is a kind of black metal with some melodic influences. I don't like to sort or specify bands to genres but if I have to I would say that Agonie playes Black Metal, inspired and influenced by bands like Endstille, Dark Funeral, Inquisition, Forgotten Tomb, Shining, Totalselfhatred and Wolves In The Throne Room
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the bnd explores with the music?
3. The lyric themes are about pollution, the ignorance and insularity of human beings and the beauty and transience of nature. We don't treat typical Black Metal topics like satanism. The Black Metal genre is our way to tell the world about our opinions.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Agone'?
4. Agonie is the german word for agony (who would have thought...) and means that the whole world and life will fall into ruin if humanity will continue as before. Agonie describes the agony of the world.
5.Originally the band was a solo project, what was the decision behind hiring a full line up?
5. I don't started Agonie with the thought to take other musicians and expand the project into a full band. It was a coincidence. A drummer from Munich contact me early 2014 and means the drums need more power. I written with him and he said that Agonie's music has potential. So this was my point to decide to search for other musicians. Actually I'm very proud of the development of the band. Handmade - music sounds better than music from the box.
6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
6. We've never played live in this constellation.
7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
7. Nope. We first want to record a full length which will take very much time for us. Before that we have a little surprise for you.
8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a a label or have received any interest?
8. We want to stay unsigned. We're thinking about to looking for a label for releasing out first full-lengh but just for the release. We don't want to have any liabilities to labels. We can't live from the music so we all have to do a "normal" job. So we don't have so much time for Agonie and in that case we don't want to stress us.
9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
9. We get a very positive feedback for our music so far. We hope it stays that way by our releases in the future. And it would be great to reach more people with our music.
10.When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
10. First we wanted to release the full length in the end of this year. But in the last days we had some good ideas and you can expect some surprises. Actually I want to reveal not too much.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. For the riffing the guitarists are influenced by bands like Endstille, Dark Funeral, Inquisition, Forgotten Tomb, Shining, Totalselfhatred and Wolves In The Throne Room. When I write the tracks I'm also inspired by german punk rock bands like Alarmsignal.
12.How would you describe your views on Occultism?
12. We don't treat the topic occultism in our tracks.
13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
13. Thank you very much for doing this here and keep OccultBlackMetalZine alive. Our demo MAMMON and our EP NEMESIS are still available.