1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band these days?
- Hi, Kaswarh here. Currently the group is in the format One Man Band. The concept has been changed to, what interests me (us).
2.Since 2006 you have released a good amount of material, how would you describe your musical progress over the years?
- We did not have a consensus on what the group should have been. We played and recorded what we were interested in at certain moments of life. In other words - the group is Tribute of my life and tells about who I am (we).
3.Your music covers a lot of ground with some of the material going into a depressive black metal direction while some material brings in more of a space ambient style, do you feel you stand out among many other bands by experimenting with different styles and not recording the same type of style over and over again?
- Our style has always changed. From the moment of launch to the current moment. But there has always been an element of the black metal genre. Now everything is different. For me (us), this is new and I (we) like it.
4.From 2014 to 2018 there was no new music being released, can you tell us a little bit more about what was going on during that time span?
- War began on the territory of my (our) country. Guitarist [Karmaged] plunged into this war. It changed him and he lost interest in music. For this reason, the format of the group and concept have been changed at the current time.
5.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored over the years with your music?
- Nihilism and Solipsism. Depression. Hate. Endless Space...
6.Originally the band was called 'Enslate' what was the cause of the new change and also the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Lugburz Sleed'?
- Word 'lugburz' means Barad-dûr ("Dark Tower") - enormous fortress of the Sauron from J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth writings. Word 'sleed' means Ukrainian transliteration word "mark". Literal meaning is "The Mark of Barad-dûr". Although the band never performed songs with lyrics-themes of Tolkien's Middle-earth, the name is a tribute to the band Summoning (Epic/Atmospheric Black Metal) which is a landmark discovery in the life of a vocalist [Kaswarh]. Also - name is very difficult to pronounce in Slavic languages:).
7.Has the band had any opportunities to do live shows and if so, how would you describe your stage performance?
- The group has always been and remains a studio project.
8.Currently the band is signed to 'Distrokid' how would you compare working with this label to your old label 'Rigorism Productions'?
- "Rigorism Productions" is a great label that released us on CD. "DistroKid" is an independent digital music distribution service, thanks to him - we exist on all modern music-streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, YouTube Mucic and many others).
9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
- Primary listeners are North and South America, Europe. I (we) was surprised that our music would climb that far.
10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
- Space Ambient and Berlin School (Krautrock). Mabye Space (Cosmic) Black Metal.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- Greatly influenced: Burzum, Beherit, Gromm, Summoning. I really like it now: The Lost Sun (https://thelostsun.bandcamp.com/), Bezmir (https://bezmir.bandcamp.com/), Imperceptum (https://imperceptum.bandcamp.com/) and ISON (https://ison444.bandcamp.com/).
12.What are some of your non musical interests?
- Astrophysics. I also keep an account in Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/spacesolipsism/ - i publish visual Images what's on my mind at the moment.
13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
- Thx, Erik! I am grateful for the interview. It is really rare for me to say a few words. April 30, 2019 Lugburz Sleed compilation "ÖÖ" (https://lugburzsleed.bandcamp.com/album/compilation) comes out. Doomed Atmospheric / Depressive Raw Black Metal / Space Ambient. Compilation 2008-2018 tracks. Remastered 2019. Each track has its own art and history. Follow: https://www.facebook.com/lugburzsleed and https://www.instagram.com/lugburzsleed/ for more info. 42!
Spectral Voice From Newborn Star, by The Lost Sun
6 track album