1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
Hidden: We have know each other almost 25 years. Between 1989 and 1995 we were involved with a few local bands. over the years we have been active in the underground in many different ways.So it was a good reason to get back to playing after more then 20 years.When Baron grabbed his guitar,send to me a few riffs,it felt like the right time to attack from the music band side.And in the initiative of Baron,ProFanatism was formed in 2012.
2. Recently you have released a promo, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the demo you had released in 2014?
hidden: Difference is large. from the arangement and composition as well as thesound. "Painful Incarnations"was recorded in Metal Sound Studio with a professional sound engineer. He made a very good job, but the final mix was not how we expected.The exeption is "Catharsis (Lighstealer)", which was mixed by our friend Slawek.Even if was very raw and primitive sound,it was a kind of right direction.The sound of
"My Kingdom Come" we created ourselves, as well as the larger part of mix.The final mastering is made by Marek Krupa from Media Sound Studio.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Hidden; Themes of lirycs does not comes out of black metal and will not be. There will always be a place for the cosmic Chaos, infinite black and Satan.From one side ,lryics are simple antihuman and anti-religious like "Breaking Anel Wings" from the demo or "Ether Of Hades". The others are full of metaphors and effects of a vision and look into myself, as a journey in the dark side of my soul, for example; "I Cold" "Dark Essence" and "My Kingdom Come".
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'ProFanitism '?
Hidden: .ProFanatism is playing with words "profanation" and "fanatism". This game with words describes our music and our personality.Baron has good imaginatio and suggested the name.
5. Currently there are only 2 members in the band are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you chose to remain a duo?
Hidden: Like i have told before,the history of Baron and me runs many years back in time.And the knowledge,understanding and communication has matured between us over the years.We have shared a musical journey,and ProFanatism has become a result of this.Therefore we dont see any other person joining our project as a member,but we plan to use a session drummer in the future.
6. One member lives in Poland while another one lives in Norway, do you feel the isolation from each other makes the music sound more darker?
Hidden: . I can explain about technical challenges,as well as communication by phone and @,to make good results can take more time then sitting in the same room together.But to visit Norway is a great inspiration itself,beauty and the great number of black metal bands.
Baron: No,the isolation doesnt make music darker,if music has a dark atmosphere its comes from inside not from outside.
7. The demo was released on Dark Omens Productions, while the promo is self released, are you open to working with another label again in the future?
Yes we are.Mostly we play for ourselves and by coincidence Dark Omens Production contacted us,after listening our songs on youtube.So "Painful Incarnations"wasreleased by Dark Omens Production,the promo 2015 we realized ourselves to search the new label
8. On a worldwide level, how has the feedback been to your music to fans of black metal?
Hidden:.The opinions of the people, who got to know our music were and are positive. Let us remember that we are a young bandonly with demo and promo.We are sure this will change.
9. What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that the band members are a part of?
Hidden: That's true we have also solo side projects. Baron has death metal project Elegis, and i have a black metal project Wolfsgott. Im almost finish a few tracks.I hope to record during autumn and release before the end of the year. Baron also has a plans with Elegis.
Baron: Elegis is death metal projet, but I am not focus only on a typical death metal, dark and monumental sounds plays the main role,i will start to work with a new album "Superhuman Syndrome",and hope to release at 2016.
10. Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
Hidden: We will continue making and to stay in the black metal style.The ways are different. Just spin our hell. Time will tell how painful will be the moments spent in it.
11. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Hidden: I listen to mostly black and death metal. Mostly underground, there is still a lot of fire into music,and honest and surprisely playing. Of course, I do not forget about the classics, on which I grew up. Recently in my player is a new record of norwegian band Hagl, Corpus Christii, Blaze of Perdition and Infernal War. about the influences in profanatism, there is nothing to hide, we are fascinated by the Norwegian black metal scene. Since it began. Will not to mention specific bands. It is all about atmosphere and style.We are trying to do it in our own way,but we're not focus strictly about originality. Other influences are more subconscious. Some people even hear in two, three songs Death from their middle of periode. We love Death, but it was completely unintentional.Anyway, everyone has the right for comparing.
12. Does occultism play any role in your music?
More than half of my life I'm interested in the occultism,its general knowledge of spiritual dimension. However i dont connect myself with any school of occultism, I don't use a specific references or citations. Now the occultism has a personal dimension, developed through years of observation and conclusions. Thats exactly what Profanatism is.
13. Before in wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Hidden: thanks for your support and interest! Check us on soundcloud, you tube and Facebook. Our first demo cd, you can still get in Dark Omens Production
Burn in hell.