1. For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
Of course. Created in 2011 by myself, Paimonia is an extreme metal act coming from Serbia (Europe). Since then, we have 2 releases, EP, full-length & a 3-way split is on its way.
2. So far you have released an ep, full length and a split, can you tell us a little bit more about your music sound on all 3 of the recordings and also how do they differ from each other?
Like I said in the previous question, 2 releases are done so far. “Modern Way Of Distraction” EP (Silent Scream Records/Bleichmond Tonschmiede) is the first material we ever made, which is crafted back in 2011. Back then, we had Swedish Black Metal bands such as Dissection, The Moaning & Vinterland as our main influences, so the sound was pretty melodic. In the end of 2013, debut full-length album entitled “Disease Named Humanity” (Humanity's Plague Productions/Exalted Woe Records) is recorded & released. In comparison with the previous material, this one is totally different & more advanced. Sound is more dissonant & disharmonic, more acoustic elements are used, such as acoustic guitars & violins etc. As for the upcoming 3-way split, we put 2 tracks from the full-length album & a Sargeist cover song, specially recorded for this release. Logically, the goal is to create a different sound for each upcoming release, not to have the same one all the time.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Misanthropy, nihilism & everyday stuff we are surrounded by.
4. I know that the band is name after Paimon, one of the kings of Hell, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in Occultism?
Exactly. Well, the band name was given by the ex. band member. He's interesed in occultism & that kind of stuff, also he did the lyrics by that time. After we parted ways, I've completely changed the band concept & lyrical themes, but kept the band name, because I really like it & there is no other band out there with the same name. You know how difficult is to find something original for a band name nowadays. As for me personally, I'm not interested in occultism or that kind of stuff.
5. Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future, or do you chose to remain a duo?
Maybe there will be some live performances in the future, we have some plans for that as well, so we will have a session live bass & guitar player for that purposes. Currently, there is no need for someone else besides N.P.V. & me, because the fact is, I do all the music, lyrics & arrangements, he does all the drum work, recording & production stuff, that's it.
6. The full length came out on Humanity's Plague Productions, how did you get in contact with this label and also how would you describe the support they have given you so far?
I got in contact with R.A.F, the man behind Humanity's Plague Productions, in September 2012, during the promotion of the first material we released. He really liked it, also it reminded him on the old No Fashion Records releases & he offered to release the full-length. I'm pretty satisfied with this release, it's done on a really professional level, he also promoted the release heavily on the internet, so I hope we will cooperate in the future as well.
7. Recently you where part of a split with Mrznja and Zloslut, what are your thoughts on the other bands that participated on the album?
Amazing people & great musicians, we are all good friends for a few years now, that's the most important thing for me personally. Besides, Hunter (Zloslut) was our session live guitar player in 2012, Mrznja was a live bass player in Zloslut & also did the complete design for our full-length. The idea for the split just came some one day, we got in touch with Martin (Atramentum Productions), planned everything & that's it, we are now waiting for the release.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and death metal?
Mostly people liked our music, we try to promote the current material as much as possible, doing interviews, receiving good marks & thoughts in reviews etc.
9. Can you tell us a little bit more about the other musical projects that both of the band members are involved with?
Why not. I'm a part of Avantgarde/Atmospheric Doom Metal project called Elsewhere Shine, we released a debut EP entitled “The Wired” through Depressive Illusions Records last year. At the moment, we are working on a full-length album. N.P.V. has his own project/band called Svarun, which has a demo, 2 EP's, full-length & a split with Russian band called Midgaard. The second full-length album entitled “Завештање I: Земља" (The Legacy Vol. I: The Land) will be released soon, so watch out for that.
10. Where do you see the band progressing into musically during the future?
At the moment, I'm working on some new material & all I can say is it's going to be slower, more obscure & dissonant than any previous material we did.
11. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
In the beginning, like I said, we've been influenced by classic Swedish Black Metal bands, but at the moment, believe it or not, I don't have any “metal” influences at all, I just write what I think it's the best for me personally. Currently, I'm listening to some non-metal stuff, like Hurts, Estas Tonne & Vlado Georgijev.
12. What are some of your non musical interests?
Besides music, we study & work as well. I study economics, N.P.V. is studying music, graphic engineering & design.
13. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
“Keep Calm & Let The World Burn.”