1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
1. DV is now a one man band , making raw and ambient music. I originally came up with the idea for Deeper Vileness in the end of 2012 while I was still in highschool , I've always been into a variety of music, but the band that changed my view on music the most was Burzum, following Vikerness words of Advice I aim my music to please myself and not other people , The main influences for the band at this point in time are Burzum, and Sodom.
2.Recently you have released a demo, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
2. The music I wrote under the influence of Sodoms early Work, Burzums early work and various raw bands that have balls like Necrofrost, I was more concerned with putting out music rather than how it sounds, in my view demo's should be raw slabs of evil in metal music. Not overproduced bullshit made with the same programs rappers use to make beats.
3.According to the fb page you prefer to label your music style as 'necro metal', can you tell us a little bit more about this term?
3. The Term Necro-Metal I came up with after watching the documentary Until The Light Takes Us, where Varg describes his sound as "necro sound or corpse like" , I thought it fit the sound well , as Black Metal its self is now run by Rich european kids with good production and rich parents, I've been poor since day one, I've lost many friends in my quest to give everything for music.
4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
4. Well, I like fantasy and occult type lyrics, While writing the lyrics which I have not published I was reading H.P. Lovecraft, John Dee, Crowley, and Robert E. Howard , A lot of black metal bands have Tolkien influence in their work, I wanted to be different and focus more on Purgatory , Fantasy worlds such as that in Conan or Kull , real swords and sorcery type stuff, I'm also very obssessed with Medieval times.
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Deeper Vileness'?
5. Deeper Vileness describes the music I want to make, Dark Music. I honestly ripped the name off from a close friends facebook acount, his url was set to /thedeepervileness , it was a tough time in my life as I had just dropped out of highschool , and he had gotten arrested so I had no close friends at that point, so when I saw those words I immediately knew it would make a good band name. As it turns out there is a band who has a song named the deeper vileness , this I did not know at the time.
6.So far this band has been a studio project, are there any plans in the future to expand the line up and do any live shows?
6. I was never able to find any members, Everyone locally is too busy jacking off to deathcore and shit like that. Not that I would want my band to even be associated with this area. Basketball shorts, disco lights, and drum machines, the fuck is that bullshit? the one other member who was going to be in the group is in jail for stabbing some guy in the face.
We were going to play a show once but the band "lending" us their equipment bitched the fuck out , the song was Bite it you scum by G.G. allin , Also I personally am banned from playing any local venues for starting too many fights with people. I'd also prefer to remain a solo project, no one can really be depended on.
7.You have a couple of former members incarcerated, what kind of effect has this had on the music and also would you work with these musicians again after they finish their jail sentences and also has this created any controversy for the band?
7. It made me a lot more determined to make music, the other member in jail "Gutsfuk" was one crazy guy, We used to visit graveyards, drive around shouting obscenities at random people, we even got shot at from 10 feet away once just for walking around at night dressed how we do. This has not really affected me musically, my music used to be way angrier to be honest, now it's just very meloncholy. I have no idea when this guy will get out of jail, but when he does I'm going to sign his shit, I lost the recordings we had but it was intense music, if you were to combine Nirvanas angry music with GG allin, thats what it would sound like, people would probably call it black metal but it was straight Noise/punk music. It has caused a bit of controversy locally, but everyone locally just likes to stand around drinking beer and talking shit. If you aren't 100% evil you have no business making Evil fucking music, all the little wank stain fucks that like to sit at home and wear nice little suits when they arent pretending to be black metal need to fuck off. This isn't some weekend hobby for kids , and people need to start realizing that.
8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
8. We'll if it is offerred maybe, I hold myself in high regard I would rather self release then be some petty labels Bitch. The labels I have talked to say the music is shit and people will have no interest, Peaceville said the same of Darkthrone and look at them! A lot of people are going to feel very stupid when the debut album comes out.
9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
9. More Ambient, fuller Distorted atmospheric sounding I suppose. Or I'll probably be dead before releasing anything else.
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. Burzum changed my life , I hold Vikernes in High regard. Also Tom Angelripper of Sodom, the early shit is raw. Although in ideas I come up with in the more ambient sense, I would say probably classical music, I was at one point training to be a concert pianist but I have a shit sense of timing and I was an antisocial wreck. I've been listening to a lot more classical, darkwave, and punk music. Stuff like christian death, GG allin, soft cell, sisters of mercy, and some judas priest thrown in there...
11.How would you describe your views on Occultism?
11. It's too much to get into with Occultism, Mainly a great amount of metalheads are attracted to it for some reason, but the people that would know the most about the occult would be people like Doctors, lawyers, College proffessors ,people in High standing places, Obviously brilliant people, If you look into Occultism, all the original Occultists were also scientists, mathmeticians, and astrologists, it is a lot of studying.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. Wake me up before you go go , don't leave me hanging on just like a yo yo.....