1. A black metal assault from the mid west united states.
2.How would you describe the musical sound that is present on your recordings?
2. We play with very low tuned guitars with a subtle doom undertone combined with vicious drums and occasional synth.
3.Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects the band covers with the music?
3. Our music covers the basics, death, misanthropy, the apocalypse, and just plain murder.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Ode Vinter'?
4. The name in Norwegian means desolate winter. We chose this name to give homage to the black metal greats that came from the Scandinavia region which initially inspired the bands formation.
5.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you chose to remain a duo?
5. We are more than open to more members, the problem stems from the fact that we go very hard with our live performances using corpse paint, blood, and whatever else at our disposal.This along with a general lack of interest in black metal in the local metal community makes it very hard to find new members.
6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
6. Definitely all the bars we play at. People get much more loosened up with alcohol flowing through them and it lets them get into the music much more easily. Live we try to give people what they can only get from us locally. We use corpse paint and cover ourselves with blood (along with willing audience members). And between songs we like to spout blasphemy and profess our love for marijuana and plague.
7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
7. We have no tour plans as of now, and we are lining up shows throughout 2014 right now.
8.When I looked at the band's fb page there where a lot of references to pot, shrooms and alcohol do you feel these substances add to the creativity of the music?
8. Weed, alcohol, and psychedelics make us very happy, but I don't know if I'd say it makes us more creative. They certainly makes things more interesting, and definitely influence our music.
9.Recently the band singed to Swampkult Productions, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
9. Swampkult Productions is a relatively small label that seems to specialize in black metal-esque related works. They've helped us a lot in making and distributing merch.
10.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
10. Thanks to the internet we have fans from here to New Zealand. It seems like most people who like black metal or the sort can find some reason to dig our music. Although I'm sure like anything there's people who really don't like us too.
11.When can we expect a full length and also what musical direction will it be taking?
11. We actually recently released a full length through Swampkult Records a few weeks ago called 'End ov the Solar Era'. It's a very heavy album about the destruction of the sun and the ensuing death that followed. We are working on getting it on Bandcamp or something that like so people can listen to it. Here's the label's CD link...http://swampkultproductions.storenvy.com/collections/222804-swampkult-productions/products/3723400-de-vinter-end-ov-the-solar-era
12.What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
12. It's come to our attention people compare us to Gorgoroth and Dark Funeral often. We also like to intertwine doom metal elements to our sound as well. Lately there's been a lot of Leviathan and Xasthur playing through my speakers though.
13.How would you describe your Satanic, Luciferian and Occult views?
13. We don't believe in a real Satan as some bands do per say. We believe in the anti-christian ideals his image stands for. We always clear the room of the religiously sensitive when we start playing.
14.Do you have any non musical interests?
14. Personally I'm rather fond of cars and automotive technology in general.
15.Do you have any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?