1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
- Well basically the band members are the same as Bal-Sagoth ,with the exception of the main vocalist and lyric writer Byron.
So with Kull frontman Tarkan, there are new stories and settings with the lyrics he has brought, and the actual music writing team is the same as before, namely myself and my Brother Chris.
2.Your first album is coming out towards the end of April, musically how does it differ from the stuff you had released with Bal Sagoth?
- Musically it's a further progression of that format. Naturally you don't want to repeat yourself, and also there are a few new things both in production and song writing
3.Most of the band members where a part of 'Bal Sagoth', what was the decision behind disbanding the group and forming a new one?
- Many reasons, its just the place we all found ourselves after a number of years, so we left the Bal-Sagoth thing behind, and it was time to try something slightly different.
4.Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores on the newer release?
-It has much to do with history, stories created by Tarkan , who has a large body of work to draw upon, and it still deals with myths and the fantastic.
5.Most of Bal Sagoth's lyrics focused on science fiction, fantasy, mythology and the occult, are you also continuing those topics with the newer band?
- Yes, you could say its the same genre, but the stories are completely different.
6.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Kull'?
- The names "Bal-Sagoth" and "Kull" come from the author R.E Howard, so it seemed appropriate enough and was in keeping with what we do.
7.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?
- That was done by a guy called "maggotmeister" from All Things Rotten. The "painting" was from his catalogue of work which fitted perfectly with this album.
8.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
- With Kull there has been one professional engagement, and that was in York a few years ago. It was kind of a warm up gig to see how we worked together live.
9.Do you have any touring or show plans once the new album is released?
- Yes, as soon as the album is out, there will be more information about this.
10.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your newer music by fans of black metal that have heard it so far?
- Obviously great interest, and many people have compared the sound to Bal-Sagoth. As I said before, it will sound similar because it is the same music writing and production team.
11.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
- I have no idea. I don't plan it like that, I just try to create and produce the best music I possible can, and hope it all fits together with the stories and lyrics.
12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- I like good song writing and creative imagination, the style really is irrelevant to me.
13.What are some of your non musical interests?
- Hill walking, outdoor pursuits, cycling, video games, studio technology, cosmology etc
14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
- Just thanks for everyones Patience and support so far, and hope you really like the Kull debut. Cheers!!