1. For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
BOARHAMMER has come into existence in the summer tide of 2020. While hiking in the midnight woods under the influence of absinthe spirit one summer night, Wodwoz and the Vessel were called upon by the mighty entity that is BOARHAMMER. They were given the mission to channel the BOARHAMMER’s energy into black metal music, thereby spreading the gospel of the boar god.
2. Recently you have released a new demo, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?
We were told by the BOARHAMMER to transform its animalistic nature into a fitting sound. We decided to go for a primitive kind of black metal, going back to the genre’s roots and adding some second wave influences to the mix.
3. Your lyrics cover wood mysticism, ambient folk magick and the strangeness of liquids and herbs, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these esoteric practices?
For the Vessel, it all started several years ago in witch county, East Anglia. During a longer stay there, the Vessel got in touch with practices of folk magick, hedge witchcraft, the arts of cunning folk, and ancient traditions in folk medicine. He also developed an interest in chaos magick.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Boarhammer'?
The name was transmitted to us via a complicated absinthe ritual involving the drink itself as well as other substances that should better be left unnamed.
5. Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the demo cover?
The artwork represents the title of our first demo tape. We sometimes like to include wands in our rituals. On other occasions, we just like to light a fire.
6. Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you open to expanding your line up or do you prefer to remain a duo?
The number of members of the BOARHAMMER is irrelevant. BOARHAMMER is.
7. On the demo you have also done a 'Mercyful Fate' cover, what was the decision behind doing your own version of one of their songs?
[Gazes into his glass of red wine, pondering the question thoroughly… after five minutes:] Satan.
8. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
The BOARHAMMER would be grateful for any opportunity allowing him to spread his gospel to a wider audience.
9. On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
Since we are about to release our first demo, the black metal community is pretty much unaware of our existence. As far as first reactions go, we feel like hitting a nerve with people who are into first wave black metal. However, we have just started trying to reach people, and we appreciate all options to spread our music and are deeply thankful for every person that enjoys our music and supports the BOARHAMMER in any way.
10. When can we expect a full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
We are already working on new material, but there are no concrete plans for a next release yet. Of course, we will answer the BOARHAMMER’s call and continue on the path we have stepped upon.
11. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
We enjoy listening to many different kinds of music, but it would be safe to say that black metal and death metal are the genres that have the most influence on the BOARHAMMER. We don’t have to mention the obvious first and second wave classics, but here are a few more recent bands that correspond with our musical vision: SPECTRES & TEETH, WULKANAZ, OMINOUS RESURRECTION, MALOKARPATAN, FUNEREAL PRESENCE, SPIRIT POSSESSION, WHITE NIGHTS!
12. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Thank you very much for the interview as well as the review you did for us earlier! Keep up the support of underground heavy metal music!