1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?
1. KROD was born as a result of a pandemic, Zabulus Valtakunta Founder who gives life to this project was born in Melipilla which means “four devils” (mapudungun native language.)
Raw Black Metal from Chile, melodic riffs without losing the anti-Christian force and fury.
After leaving the mental hospital and being accused of false sexual abuse, I decided to unleash my anger through music, where I was able to channel hatred towards hypocrisy and faith-promoting religions. Years of voluntary confinement led me down this path that I always wanted to do and in which now I find myself involved in my own hell that I always long for.
2.So far this year you have released 2 full lengths and an ep, musically how do they all differ from each other?
2. There were 22 songs in total, and they were all recorded well followed so they maintain a good-looking essence, I don't seek to change and sound better on each album, I only do what I like, those are the advantages of having a solo project. In addition, my mental illness helped me to dare to sing and unleash that fury that I had inside, it was the best decision before having killed the psychologist.
3.A lot of your lyrics cover anti Christian themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your hatred for this religion?
3. Christianity is the cancer of the earth like other religions, the religious pandemic must die. I dislike how the Vatican covers up pedophile priests leaving them unpunished. The gallows should be back for them.
4.Ypou have also made some references to Satan, Lucifer and Baphomet in your lyrics, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in Satanism?
4. When I started singing at Krod several times I felt possessed. At the moment of screaming I felt a beast roar in hell wanting to be released. Every day Satan its here I had a presentiment of it in my recording studio. Which I felt most chaotically comfortable with. I do not believe in the Satanist church as an organization. I only see a profit organization. The bald Anton Lavey was just a cowardly profiteer and dirty businessman more of the fucking faith like the other garbage.
Satan wrote a large part of this album in large part I owe it to him.
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Krod'?
5. KROD is the acronym for "Kill, Rape or Die" referring to necrophilia. In which I talk in the first demo on the song I Rape the Grave. Where I tell the story of a possessed man digs up his dead girlfriend to rape her and say goodbye for the last time.
6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the newer album cover?
6. The album cover is the symbol of greatest satisfaction when I see these images, the flames should never end, they must keep burning forever. I only seek to continue offending Christianity by giving it the battle. "I support the burning of churches but I am not doing it, because I would go to jail" as ABBATH said some time ago in the form of a mockery against VARG VIKERNESS. The cover perfectly reflects my deep hatred of religions and my anti-Christian stance.
7.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?
7. All the recordings are done in my own studio, it's not a big deal but I have the right thing to do to blow away anger in every fucking song.
I usually add 2 and 3 guitars for each song, some I didn't do the bass especially at the beginning, I liked the strident sound of the guitar. But those who made a bass line left me well satisfied, for example in “catharsis in tenebrum perpetuom” I recorded it with a 6-string fretless bass that gave it all that melodic and melancholic weight within a chaotic passage of sharp guitars and a battery that breaks your skull. I also try to record as much as possible in a single take each track to keep that essence of black metal.
So far I'm happy working alone, but I do hope in the future to look for a drummer who can help me with this project. Well, I am currently working on a Split with the band CRUCIATUS INFERNALIS (Austria) that will be released in April next year under the KVLT UND KAOS label.
8.So far you have worked with 'Valtakunta Records' and 'Kult und Kaos Productions', can you tell us a little bit more about these labels?
I'm working with KVLT UND KAOS from Austria which has helped me as a distributor for the album “Rotten Gods Burn in the Abyss of Serpents” in Digipack format for Europe / North America, you can also find merchandise on their bandcamp page. I am very grateful to this label for having trusted in KROD.
Valtakunta Records is my own label where I record my musical sessions and also distributes for Latin America.
9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
9. Well the truth is that I have never made music seeking acceptance from others, but I must admit that it has had good criticism in digital media dedicated to the black metal scene. Only the Black Metal Promotion channel refused to publish my work. I hope it fucks up. Like other local labels that only steal from bands by pirating their music offering 1% of the profits, they really suck.
10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?
10. Well, the main thing is not to see me as the majority of bands that are slowly selling until they become hated by their former fans. I dislike the modern sound of some bands. Black metal is not for everyone black metal is selective and should be represented with hatred, not fairies or fucking goblins. Dirty humanity seeks self-destruction and it will be.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. Basically what introduced me to black metal was burzum, gorgoroth and darkthrone from the 90s, I am looking for a sound from those times like forgotten Woods and Judas Iscariot, at present the scene is very disappointing, it really sucks how they have manipulated it from Bad form and transformed into groups of defenders of minorities and respect for others, stop your shitty speech and withdraw from a scene that does not want to see you alive. Black metal is not fashion. Black Metal is hate, blood and death. And so as it should be perceived. I don't blame you if you don't understand why you are clearly just one more sheep in the rotten herd.
To make it clear that I do not support any political party or communists or ultra-right, the two sides can suck my balls. Like all the great leaders of this fucking filthy world. The big winner in this ultra-repeated story has always been the bullets.
Whoever has the best weapons and best tactics wins the game. The third war is here and you are the protagonist, I interpret it, you write them with blood this dirty history. As Mutiilation would say "destroy your life for satan" I am a negative and realistic person, not a role model of this new hypocritical society created by tendencies.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. Well finally, I invite all the demons of black metal to listen to my new material, in addition to informing you that the album "Rotten Gods Burn in the Abyss of Serpents" is already on sale in digipack format. KVLT UND KAOS available for Europe and North America and VALTAKUNTA RECORDS for Latin America, which I will be sending with blood to each of you, you can purchase it via Bandcamp or DM to firstname.lastname@example.org
For next year there will be a new album on which I am already working and it is sounding brutal, I hope to release a promotional single along with a 30 minute live video where I will be playing 8 songs.
Thanks Occult Black Metal Zine for supporting the Underground. The real scene is here and now.
See you in hell.