The Ancient Winter project was born in mid-2017. After various militancy in extreme local groups in my city, the will to put my ideas on Black metal into music was born. I follow it from as far back as the 90's and I admire its variety and capacity to adapt perfectly to the style of those who play by giving them an infinite number of colors available.
Let's say that Ancient Winter aims to create a fairly dynamic black metal without falling into the boring,and as far as possible modern, double-edged weapon of the latest productions of the genre of which I mostly disapprove directions.
2.So far you have released one album, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style you went for on the recording?
2) Si.Be the musical style that I tried to recall with the recording is certainly of a primordial black metal with a pinch of attention to create an industrial style martial setting. I certainly think we can already hear from the intro the propensity to create tension with the use of low-fi sounds, but of effect, with the use of adequate compositions.
3.A lot of your lyrics cover old stories from your home town of 'Mantova', can you tell us a little bit more about it?
3) Be my city was a source of inspiration in the text in Italian "Agnese" which speaks precisely of the famous Gonzaga family who ruled Mantua for a long time. Agnese Visconti after marrying Francesco Gonzaga at the time 1380 Lord of Mantua was beheaded in the square on charges of adultery with the alleged lover.
They were buried in the well-known Piazza Pallone where there is also a plaque. In short, a fairly indicative story of the times where political intrigues could already be found, which seem to have influenced the event. However today my city is very quiet, even today too much!!! AHAHA so don't be afraid to visit it if you do.
4.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with your music?
4) I have tried to talk about the feelings that the man lives the most in contact with society and with false and unimportant people who unfortunately have apparently the obligation to meet in this earthly life. parentheses on the relationship with life and how much we must resist against the baseness of the values given by the modern mediocrity that inevitably tries to weaken you. A hymn against modernity understood as the one that fucks you.
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Ancient Winter'?
5) The meaning and inspiration deriving from the name Ancient Winter is the call to ice, the cold, the fog, the solitude that are elements that in my music I try to recall.
6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the album cover?
6) The artwork you find on the cover is a photo I took in winter in 2016 on the lake of my city. Very suggestive, I decided to insert it on the cover also because it was totally disconnected from the birth of the disc, and therefore very spontaneous. On the back of the CD, instead, there is an image that portrays the suggestive entrance of the eagles to the parks of Palazzo Te di Mantova.
7.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?
7)In this project I deliberately wanted to record everything from I only used Tritto who wrote the lyrics in Italian, which was mentioned in the production of the disc.In the future I honestly thought of leaving the part of the vocal to someone else. I already have in mind who and I have had a lot of proposals tempting.This is to allow me more time and energy to only writing of the pieces. For what concerns battery and drawing up pieces I want to continue composing and recording without any other influence.
8.The album was released on 'Vl Records', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
8) Of course I really want to talk about it. As it is my label staff. I would like to say that I would also like to produce some bands. So if you have a band, come forward.
9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
9) Then, speaking of impressions, it seemed to me very positive, it is It was a good test and I believe the intentions of this work have been received to the fullest a well-known search engine without moving a finger, then evidently also had a response abroad. In Italy I found good responses also from other bands I had way of knowing and having a drink with me !! haha
10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
10) In the future as a musician I see myself in my studio a composing music trying to convey what I feel and what I intend to communicate, always and in any verso.Ancient Winter will definitely be for a long time reading key that will grow more and more.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11) Then I tell you that surely in terms of musical tastes I am very varied. I love death metal black metal music 90s which I think is still at the top today both at the level com-positional rather than brutal.
Among the records to remember and that perhaps I just loved in all senses starting from production and composition certainly Anthems to the welkin at dusk, the album we say I would have wanted to write me AHAHAHA! In Italy, I would like to mention Aborym, Sadist, Von Hexe, Luce D'Inverno, A'Rèpit, among my favorite bands. The last three bands that are underground,deserve attention in my opinion.Then the first deicides and the 90's death and black I still love it and listen to it. I listen to ambient music and classical music in which I believe I still have much to explore today.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12) I have so many things to say but the first one is definitely thank you for your attention and the second is thank the people who support mine and other bands underground that still believe that playing Black Fucking Metal is not only a genre but also a lifestyle that goes against 360-degree patterns. Heil to Black Metal and long life to