1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
1. Спикер is a new band from members of Культура Курения, Eisflammen, Teach Me Violence and DURA.
2.Recently you have released an ep, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?
2. Our EP is melodic black metal with some elements of depressive rock, shoegaze, post-rock, post-metal
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored so far with the music?
3. Our lyrics is all about dark sides of modern life. We’ve already added English translations at our bandcamp page. Just check it.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Спикер'?
4. Спикер («Speaker» in English) is very neutral and amorphous name and it allows us to fill it with any things and meanings we like. On the debut release our Speaker is the one who transmits a kind of sad poetry collage.
5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the ep cover?
5. Our artwork was made by Andrey from Tøtskver https://www.instagram.com/totskver/. On the front cover is fake extrasensory man like a symbol of gloomy absurdism above all of us, our feelings and emotions, it’s strange at first sight and it’s the deepest darkness if you look inside.
6.Has the band had any opportunities to do any live shows or open to the idea?
6. Nowadays the band is just studio project because we live in different cities but I hope there will be live shows in future.
7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
7. Yes! Now we have self-released cds and and It would be perfect if some label helps us to release tapes and vinyl.
8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
8. We are not far popular yet but all the feedbacks we’ve got were positive!
9.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
9. We can’t tell when our full-length will happen but we start making new songs and we think the new stuff will have much more interesting sound (more atmospheric, dark and raw maybe).
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. Such list could be ver very long! We like everything from punk and metal to synthpop and dark electro but the subject of our inspiration is not limited only by the music we like.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11. In general: photographing, tourism, collecting music (cds,tapes,vinyl)…
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. Thank you! Thank everyone who supports rock & metal scene!