1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
1.I am Arturo, I make bass guitars and vocals in draugen, draugen is a project born of the need to bequeath music and knowledge. Draugen is raw black metal noise that's experimental.
2.So far this year you have released an ep and a demo, musically how do they differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
2. Musically I think what's better now. First because I jave evolved a lot in black metal in my way of playing than it was before. Second, the discography differs in that the previous disc were recorded without giving a message or some preconceived idea, while the current discs are more based and the music I get much better if I have something to express.
3.On one of your tracks you showed soem inspiration from the writings of 'Clark Ashton Smith', can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in his work/
3. The lyrics contain names, words and concepts of Asenath Mason's Nekronomicon gnosis, those comcepts are intermingled with other concepts from the toltec shamanism. About that I usually read Carlos Castaneda's books and get into his work every night.
4.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects you have explored over the years wirth your music?
4. War, satanism, paganism, death, hate, extreme, darkness, gore, now I am with the witches of Mexico and their knowledge of the Toltecs, everything mixed poetically in my lyrics.
5.Your current project evolved from 'Belfegor', how is the music from 'Draugen' different than your previous project?
5. Belfegor was dysfunctional, there were lengthy experimental guitar passages there, sounds were quite calm for turning off in a fast tremolo picking and back to the dark melody from where started in a melancholic trastorned vein. Draugen contains still parts of those experimental sounds in Belfegor, they differ in that Draugen is black metal and Belfegor was instrumental blackned experimental noise/ambient almost without drums.
6.What is the meaning and insiration behind the name 'Draugen'?
6. The draugen are the ghost of the dead in the seas, I was inspired that peraphs we are all Draugens, dead in some metaphorically is the sea of life and march dead towards a system that preys on us, is something poetic, inspires me something impulsive in me that is not explained by words, if I tried to tell you what I would say is the pressure exerted by the fact of being alive.
7.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to remain solo?
7. I am working together with Kadesh of Deeper Villeness. Something is cooming soon, Winter Bristles... I've played in bands before, but today I would not, my task involves a lot of time.
8.In 2017 you where a aprt of a split with 'Cryptorsatan' 'Satanian' and 'Sycamore 3', what are your thoughts on the other bands or projects that had participated on the album and also do you have an interest in national socialism?
8. They are good bands and the results was very good, Cryptorsatan possesses the power of the old school, Draugen and Sycamore 3 have their rawness, Satanian is a live recording.
For me the politics is decadent, it is not ruined because it continues to work in most countries of Latin America: it continues trolling. I can not answer that question because I never lived under the yoke of national socialism, I can only comment om what I have lived, Argentina has been in democracy since I was born, I can only say that politics is in decline but is not ruined because it works and hooks thousands of people every day, that is seen here.
9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
9. The reaction was right, from Belfegor to Draugen it started being very anti-commercial in tape in under places u know?, with handmade cover like Les Legion Noires... Then I just started to share the music in the networks and I got a circle of audience, also i russia are cooming out copies of dark vermis under the label barbatos prods. Same with cvlminis and floppy noise records. There is planned release grim forest sky in germany and sweden by the end of this summer.
10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?
10. Soon, I'm working on a new album, there's no place we should not refuse.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. Gorgonas, Ulfhethnar, Moloch, Throne, death metal, grindcore, Satanicum Tenebrae, Black Murder, Torgeist, LLN, Emperor. I terms of influences the old Darkthrone, the new demo "grim forest sky" although it is black metal I get inspired by the "Brujería" fierce sound. Vocal referents are Gezol from Sabbat, Dead, Ash, Nattramn, Varg, and the Maniac of "Deathcrush".
Lately I listened Holokauston, black metal from India made by a 19 years old boy.
12.Does Occultism play any role in your music?
12. All days occultism play a role in my music, I am sure that my music was born by and for the purpose of the occult, I can not explain how, but symbolically it is close to all, the occult is what trascends reason to enter unexplored lands.
13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
13. Thanks Occult Black Metal Zine for the opportunity, I was reading the blog and you have a vast potential here.