1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording of the new album?
1. Our main preoccupation right now is the release of our new album Underwater. We want to give our fans on the 11th of April the best night, the perfect night.
2.You have your first full length coming out in April, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style you went for on the recording?
2. The evolution period of our style with elements from atmospheric post black, melodic death metal with a diverse influence of sub-genres from the extreme side of music resulting in a mixture of melody and aggression as we start to define our own sound in a such a short time span. Music which catches the listeners’ attention and underground scene following by 2 years of concerts.
3.Your music is mostly rooted in post black metal, what separates you from other bands that are put into this category?
3. Vathos is different in sound, structure and melody inspired in different genres of extreme metal.
4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored so far with the music?
4. The lyrical theme reflects struggles, beliefs, depression, love and corruption all wrapped-up in a circle called life.
5.Your name means 'depth' in Greek, how does this name fit in with the musical style that you play?
5. Vathos takes a big dive into the human psychology. Adding music or better say taking human problems to a musical dimension, means depth for us.
6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?
6. The idea behind the artwork is a post apocalyptic scenery in which the ruins of a striving civilization stand as proof of a greatness the may never be reinstalled.
7.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
7. The band shared the stage alongside national bands such as, Mercy's Dirge, Machiavellian God, Syn Ze Sase Tri, Psychogod, Sincarnate, Dinumbra, Akral Necrosis, An theos, Ordinul Negru, Rancorum, Bucium, As I fall, Between Colors, Linear disorder, Deathrattle, Feral jack, MBP, Downfall, Nocturn, Era Divina and also international acts like, Batushka, Web, Martyrium, Sudden Death, Sanctorium, April Weeps, Kolac, participating in well known international festivals, Rockstadt Extreme Fest 2018, sharing the main stage with, Amorphis, Belphegor, Brujeria, W.A.S.P, Goathwhore, The Fallen Prophets, following up with Rockstadt Underground in 2019 and Encore Metal Festival 2019 alongside bands like, Theatre des Vampires , Fallcie si Harakiri for the Sky.
8.Do you have any touring or show plans once the new album is released?
8. For now the main show is on April 11th for further concerts and plans we will keep you noticed.
9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
9. We are pleased to see that fans across the world are giving us positive reviews.
10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
10. Our music is inspired from different styles and aspects of life. We go with the flow. The kind of flow which stays in the extreme metal zone.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. We listen to different styles of metal.
12.What are some of your non musical interests?
12. Ducu: cycling, fishing, football and lover of quince brandy (in Romanian: gutuiata).
Alex: Martial Arts Kung-fu (Drunken Style), Motorcyclist, learning Java , writing poetry for my muse and also a coffee lover.
Dany: painting, drawing, Martial Arts , Pantomime performer, dancing, hair wraps, travelling.
Radu: Video game player and a cat lover.
Gigi : gardening and drinking beer.
13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
13. We highly appreciate everyone's support from our loved ones to the last fan there is. We are excited for everything that happened and will happen. Go follow your dreams.