1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
1) HI there! I ( Nightclaw, vocals and lyric writer) formed Vomitmantik in late spring 2018 gathering some of the biggest morbid metal maniacs and bestial souls the Italian scene have ever had. Despite the geographic distance between the members, we are bounded by a longtime deep brotherhood for years ( 2008 less or more) and I knew that we were the perfect bunch of bastards to give birth to this powerful and boundless four-headed Black God of necromancy. We never played together before but we come from bands like Uncreation, Necromutilator, Sadomortuary, Deathfucker, Terrorsaw, and Morbid Pest ( pretty well-known acts in Italy and not only).
2.Recently you have released your first full length, musically how doe sit differ from your previous split and demo?
2) There is not much difference, the full-length contains also the re-recorded hymns from the demo and the split, but with more lethal power and more obscure charge. Our style is and always will be the same expression of the untamed darkness that comes from our inner abyss.
3.All of the band members are also involved with other bands or musical projects, what is it that you bring into the music of 'Vomitmantik' that you are not able to do with your other groups?
3) Well, in the other bands we play ( or we played before) the targets of our personal inner Beast are different and might take another shape. Also, the bond between the members is different and generates other kinds of musical manifestations. (For example, my past band Terrorsaw was just a chaos storm spreading free metal violence fueled by alcohol abuse). Now with Vomitmantik we truly joined our needs to evoke our deepest darkness and each one join the others to create our spells and set the Black God free.
4. A lot of your lyrics cover Occultism, Necromancy and Anti Christianity themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?
4) We can say that we have a sort of our own " obscure mythology" and our personal savage necromantical rituals. All that burns inside of us and we talk about our visions and icons representing a kind of search that we can do only by embracing the endless, primordial Night. Only in darkness we will find the " enlightenment", but you know, in our case everything comes out mercilessly, chaotic and barbaric like a Beast from fucking hell, in Vomitmantik we are not for sophisticated philosophy or baroque alchemical formulas. Anyway, we prefer to not be more specific on this subject, it's too personal.
And yes, of course, Christianity ( and monotheistic religions in general) are ways of self-enslavement, weakness, and, definitely, futile boundaries that must be thrown into a purifying fire.
5.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored so far with the music?
5) Mainly rites to become one with Night and Darkness, entities of magic, divine death, fire, and devouring, but also clairvoyance through nightmares, ritual fights, wild hunting and lust glorification.
6.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'VomitmantiK'?
6) " Vomitmantik " is the fusion of the words " Vomit" and " Necromantic" ( but nothing to do with the cult movie). We wanted something that could undeniably give the idea of a summoned storm of all the obscure, violent, boundless and real things that mankind tries to suffocate, deny or exorcise. This black, unstoppable storm with us is spreading free vomiting all its truths, revenge and hate right on the soul of all the weak skums and their pathetic religions, morals, institutions, politics and nowadays society.
7.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?
7) The "DEVOTIO AD BESTIAS" cover artwork is a work of the master Paolo Girardi, the most insane and incredible painter of nightmares and abominations in the world and it's based on a sketch that I made. We wanted our personal, subterranean Bestial God to take life and Paolo was THE MAN for the job, no doubt about it! He added some elements and outstanding light effects that turned the final result into a living entity!
Each of the four heads represents the "deep side" of each member of the band and the enormous phallus of the Beast is ready to fuck the modern world to death!
8.Has the band done any live shows or open to the idea?
8) Yeah sure! I can tell you that our very first live show was at an excellent festival in Parma ( north Italy) called " Stige Fest " and we shared the stage with the legendary Tormentor! A real blast of a gig and a real honor for us! We also played at some other underground gigs around Italy but very few in number, we like to perform live rituals a lot of course, but we are selective on this point. We also wanted to record the album before increasing the number of the gigs, but with two years of pandemic shit this has been impossible. Now we are slowly starting again to spread our necromancy around and we want to ride the nightwing across the world!
9.The album was released on 'Nuclear Abominations Records', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
9) Nuclear Abominations Records exists for a lot of years! It's a small, putrid and TRULY underground label. It's run by our friend Michele Toscan, a real extreme metal maniac with an old-style approach to what, firstly, is his biggest passion before being a job...this is the way things should be done in the underground scene! What's important for us is a well-done work in fact of press quality and distribution with no bullshits, cheats,mess or other reasons of distrust. Michele is honest, he works very hard with good results and has excellent contacts for the distribution.
10.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of war, black and death metal?
10) For the moment the reactions of those that listened to our stuff and/or have seen us live are very good! We are glad and satisfied when we hear the words of some maniacs and old-timers that claim to have been cursed by our spells ahahaha!
11.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?
11) Well, at the moment for me, the bass player C. "El Putas" Boar and the drummer Von Boia, Vomitmantik is the only band we actively play. Our guitarist Von Pest plays also in Necromutilator, Sadomortuary and Deathfucker and all these acts of metal impurity have new killer stuff out ( or about to come). In fact they are already playing and planning live strikes!
12.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
12) We are already working on a good number of new sinister incantations for the next release (but for the moment I don't want to say more about this) and we will manifest our presence on stage again for sure, especially after the summer...
13.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
13) Mainly our musical influences are from the Ross Bay Cult scene, from the South American and American black/black death, from the Australian crazy bastards, and from old-style European extreme metal in general. Blasphemy, Black Witchery, Conqueror, Archgoat, Sarcofago, Impurity, Mayhem, Inquisition, Destroyer 666, Bestal Warlust, Revenge...but also from Bathory, Celtic Frost / Hellhammer, Possessed, early Morbid Angel, and, of course, VENOM!
14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
14) Thanks for supporting our necromancy with this interview and your interest in Vomitmantik! Our album DEVOTIO AD BESTIAS is available on CD format through Nuclear Abominations Records and Buio Omega distribution's website and in digital format on Nuclear Abominations Bandcamp! Get the curse!