1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
1. We have been inactive for about two years and focusing on other bands we play in. We have 2 songs ready to record and then a handful of deadly riffs we've been stashing away over the past year or so. It's likely we will have something brewing in the coming months..
2.Godz Of War Productions are re-issuing both your ep's and single onto a single recording, how would you describe the musical sound that has been presented on the recordings that you have released so far?
2. It's bitter and hateful heavy metal with black/death/doom elements.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored with the music so far?
3. Bitterness, Hatred, Betrayal, and the inevitable collapse of self.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'GraveCoven'?
4. The moment we are born is the moment we begin to die. We are all practically dead already. Grave Coven is an acceptance of death and eternal rotting as the highest potential of all things.
5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the album cover artwork?
5. The artwork was created by an artist named Glitch Witch. Our logo was created by Christophe Szpajdel.
6.Currently there are onyl 2 members in the band, do you prefer working as a duo instead of a full band?
6. GraveCoven was conceived as a 'recording-only' project and will remain as such.
7.You have also done a cover of Bathory's "Hades", what was the decision behind doing your own version of this song?
7. We were approached by Cvlt Nation to cover that song for a tribute compilation.
8.I have read that one of the band members also runs 'Transilvanian Tapes', can you tell us what is going on with this label these days?
8. Transylvanian Tapes is gearing up for a heavy summer of releases in 2018. The next 3 scheduled releases on TT are from Atone, which is a new band featuring the vocalist of Gravecoven alongside members of Body Void and Swamp Witch. Followed by Occlith, which is a new band featuring the mastermind behind Gravecoven alongside members of Swamp Witch and Battle Hag. After that is Dearth, a new Black Death Metal band featuring members of Xenotaph, Swamp Witch, & Funeral Chant. All of these bands are extremely killer entities within the Underground.
9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black, doom and death metal?
9. Some folks seem to dig what we are creating and that is great and all, but we create music for ourselves so if other people like it or they don't it doesnt really matter, we are not some pop band looking to appease dullards that just want to have a good time. We are angry misanthropes, we are not happy individuals, we are fucked up and some folks are going to either get it or they wont. We will still create either way because this is the only ritualized therapy that we can engage in that will not put us behind bars.
10.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?
10. Phillip is playing in a Black Metal band called Gloriam Draconis, a Doom band called Occlith, a Doom band called Bog Oak, and in Swamp Witch. James is playing in a Sludge band called Atone, a Death Metal band called Evulse, and in Swamp Witch. We are all working on new recordings for our respective bands. Trying to remain as busy as possible.
11.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
11. We originally had planned for our upcoming release to be a full length, unfortunately the studio that we were recording at had some fucked up hard drive failure and we ended up losing a handful of tracks that we had recorded for Gravecoven along with another band we were doing together that combined members of Gravecoven, Bog Oak, & Swamp Witch called Wandering. What is done is done, we have had no luck in retrieving the files so we talked to our labels about just releasing what we had so far so we didnt have to make them wait another year or two since they have been promoting our music for quite sometime now. Shit happens, we are pleased with the tracks we have recorded and are looking forward to holding physical copies. Again, we've got a lot of material on the back burner and it's likely we will have more terror coming by early 2019.
12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an infleunce on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
12. Diocletian, Nyktalgia, Silencer, Grief, Burning Witch, early Burzum, Leviathan, Bolzer, Arizmenda, Darkthrone, & Bathory.
13.Do any of the band members have an interest in Occultism?
14.What are some of your non musical interests?
14. Guns, Strength, & Isolation.
15.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
15. Death to ALL our enemies.