"Beware ..."hails originally from central florida .it was a side project idea from the Ashes of Unhallowed Torment ( time before time records). Although all members have been various black metal bands over the years..
2.Recently you have released a demo, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style you went for on the recording?
2. As for the demo we wanted to do a more simplistic black doom sound. With adding our own touch .
3.The demo was recorded in 2013 and was not released until 2020, can you tell us a little bit more about the long wait?
3. We started to do the songs for Beware...
In 2012. We had trouble finding a small local studio to work with and use analog and when we did find studio (out of melbourne florida.) we had issues with the mix and guy running it. It was big fucking mess And we decided to put it on hold For awhile until we could find another studio down the road. We revived the stuff back in 2015 but we working with our guitar player while he was outta state.so that was slow process. Then the following year we got back on track we all were living in the same house again. Started writing music. Then decided to pack up and move to new orleans the whole band as our drummer is from there originally . But tragedy struck again . Our guitar player was shot and killed in new orleans while working and so we had decided to put down the music for awhile focus on trying to tame.or at least comprehend the chaos in our lives.
We weren't sure if we were ever gonna play again so all the recordings sat in a box until 2019. when me and the drummer finally settled in a place of stability. I went and got some mixing boards and etc. and so during Fall we pulled out all the previous recordings we got it mixed at our now home made studio Devils Dungeon .. We did some minor adjustments. And the rest is history..
4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored so far with the music?
4. The subjects we deal with are pretty typical of black metal. But most ours relates to experimental drug use, necromancy . occult mysteries transcendence..etc
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Beware'?
5. As for the name "BEWARE..." it Was coined by drummer E.dodd During a DMT trip. Then Mcbride /guitarist set it in stone because it was written in booklet of Destroyer 666 unchain the wolves (Aware ,Beware! War. )we felt it was just meant to be and the name is open for interpretation by the listener...
6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the demo cover?
6. E. Dodd did the artwork. We wanted to go with something not so all over the place blasphemy blah blah blah that's been done a million times. although that stuff is great . Our art is something as id like to say " To shatter through the realms of life and death" ...
7.Has the band done any live shows or open to the idea?
7. We have done one private show at house party.
8.So far very little is known about the band with no metal archives or social network page, do you prefer to keep a lower profile?
8. We like to keep a low.profile . we do have a facebook page but its very minimum due to me being not very fond of the social media world . But we would like to be submitted to the archives. Unfortunately They keep rejecting our info. So we encourage any listener to submit it . As im not gonna bother with metal-archives anymore..
9.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
9. Yes we are interested in finding a label. Ive sent numerous demos across the world .its still only been a few months But still awaiting. alot of labels are full right now its a struggle and trying break through a sea of bands and capture a labels interest these days but yes we would like a label ...
10.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
10. We recieved a handful of responses so far to people we gave a demo too. Its been very positive . but like i said it has only been a handful since the demo is still fresh in the underground circulating. We shall see as time goes on ,what the overall response is...
11.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
11. As for a full length . well I think the plan next is to do a EP we still have enough old songs for that which will musically have the same style and overall sound that we will stick with .we dont plan on changing.our sound. and if we acquire a new guitar player that can join the ranks we would like to start playing shows. All the while sticking with the same Formula
12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
12. We like old Samael they were huge influence on us. Mortuary Drape . Goatloard. Hell even Ved Buens Ende ro add strange touch.
As of currently Ive been listening to Omenfilth , Ripper, Necrovation for newer bands . And all the same shit ive been listening to for years.
13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
13. thanks for the interview.
Now Im gonna go Drink some booze , wait and watch for the world to burn, From the Appalachian Mountains ....