1.We are a band from the outskirts of the city of Caracas, Venezuela, founded on December 25, 2018. Of the founding members there are only 2. Spektral (Bassist) and Kaos Mortiferiis (Drummer). We have gone through several lineup changes to the current one. Various musicians have passed through our ranks but had not penetrated within the scheme, the sound and our concept. We became up to 5 members and little by little we became 3 with the arrival of Tempestus (Guitar and vocals) who, with his influences from Finnish black metal, fit perfectly into our work. Our goal has always been to raise the face of Caracas Black Metal since basically there are no more bands of the genre and well, it is known that even in Venezuela there are a few true militants who continue working on it.
2.SO far you have released a demo, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style you went for on the recording?
2.From the beginning we were born as a Raw Black Metal band. The influences of our first guitarist were more attached to old-school Norwegian black metal, but with Tempestus joining the compositions we were redirected to the Finnish style. In our recordings we want to preserve that dirty and primitive style of the bands of the crudest bands in northern Europe.
3.Some of your lyrics cover Satanism themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?
3.Of course. Kaos Mortiferiis who deals with lyrics, has always had that assiduity with the black arts and anti-Christianity. At first only as a curious reader, especially from A. Crowley and then later as a militant of Satanism. Later, he became interested in anti-cosmic Satanism, Kabala and Chaos.
4.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music so far?
4.Blasphemovs War is basically "A war band". We are against the falsehood of Christianity and the Semitic and Abrahamic religions, the weakness of humanity, death and darkness, outside of what we already mentioned about our militancy in anti-cosmic satanism (218).
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Blasphemovs War'?
5. As we said earlier, we are a horde of warlike attitude. We are radical in our concepts, with very direct lyrics against what we attack. From the beginning we have declared ourselves in battle against everything already explained, without any decorum. We are firm and we remain entrenched in our logic.
6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the demo cover?
6. Basically, that cover is our presentation to the world. We did not want to show our faces clearly since our concept is not showing them. Our logo as a battle shield, our weapons (Our instruments) and from our bunker. It was all done as a way to show that we exist and are working hard.
7.Has the band had any opportunities do any live shows?
7. We should have debuted in public on May 30 but due to quarantine and confinement by Covid 19, the event has been postponed by the producer. We have already made some links outside Venezuela to play our music. Our projection is basically outward, since here in our country there is almost no militancy for black metal because it is a genre that the Venezuelan "scene" likes very little.
8.The demo was released on 'Entocomophobic Records', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
8. Entocomophobic Records is a small digital label of a Venezuelan compatriot, based in Cancun, Mexico who has been supporting bands of various genres in the Venezuelan underground and from the beginning was very receptive to our music and our work. It already has countless bands in its catalog, not only Venezuelan but also Latin American. Much good black metal is available there.
9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
9. Even with the precarious sound of this recording, the receptivity of the Venezuelan and Latin American blacker community to whom the work has been shown has been incredible. We have played in Colombia, Ecuador, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Guatemala, Mexico and by a stroke of luck we showed our material to some friends in Singapore. We never thought of going that far with just two songs with such a primitive recording. We have always joked with the fact that if we like our work this way, we cannot imagine what the public's reaction will be with a more pro recording, although we always want to keep that dirty and old-school sound that has characterized us and that only in the under is preserved. That respect for the analog and handmade that very little is available today.
10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
10. Well, we would like to show ourselves in North America (USA and Canada), that they listen to us in Europe and see that despite all the difficulties we have in Venezuela to record and produce quality material, we are working on it. That some important seal is interested in our works and thus our message can spread throughout the world.
We are in the process of pre-production of our first EP but we are going little by little due to the high cost that its realization represents for us at the moment since for no one it is a secret that the Venezuelan economy is a disaster thanks to the communist regime that keeps the country in bankruptcy.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. We are directly influenced by old school Raw black metal, chaotic and primitive sound. At the level of musical composition, Kaos and Tempestus. We are based on Bands such as Darkthrone, Satanic Warmaster, Sargeist, Behexen, Horna, the first wave of Deathspell Omega and thus even the Norse Beastcraft. On the other hand, because Kaos Mortiferiis comes from that Dissection vein and some classic Nordic Black Metal bands for their lyrical compositions, in addition to being a fervent follower of the South American underground. Spektral is a little more attached to classic black metal. Bands like Dark funeral, Watain, Mayhem and Inquisition.
12.What are some of your non musical interests?
12.Kaos Mortiferiis is a journalism student, he is an athlete, a merchant and therefore a nationalist and anti-communist idealist. He also plays in another band of Satanist ideals but heavy / hard rock type. Future plans include forming a Black / Thrash metal band. Married to Spektral who is also a swimming athlete mother of a 7 year old girl, a fan of vampiric and obscurantist literature.
Tempestus is a father of a family, he works in a food company and is about to receive his second son. He works solo on another black metal project.
13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
13. We want it to be clear that we will always remain firm and on the fight foot, giving our face for Venezuelan Black Metal. Few of us seriously work for this cause in our country, with a true vocation, conviction and devotion to our work. We understand black metal as a philosophy, a way of life, something that is not for everyone and it really matters little to us if someone comes out to criticize us. We do not make music to please everyone but it is satisfying for true fans of this genre to take the time to spend some of their time listening to us and having a positive opinion. That means we are doing well. Hail!!!