After recording the album in Sweden, we returned to Chile, and got back to the regular life, job etc. We are nowadays rehearsing and preparing ourselves for our one and only live date for 2019, to be held in Santiago de Chile next month. That date is very special since it is the release show of our recently released album “Maher Shalal Hash Baz”.
2.On Halloween you are going to release your new album, musically how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
2. Well this time the musical composition in general was done differently, I do not want to compare it with the previous works, since each of the albums we have released were created at a special time in my life.
Perhaps the music for this album was more focused on the members’ personal experiences and musical tastes, so the composition flowed better this time.
3.This is also your first album to be released in 4 years, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during that time frame?
3. Well, without getting into details, I think it is a prudent time frame for releasing new material. We don’t want to hurry with making as many albums as possible.
Before the recording of “Maher Shalal Hash Baz” we spent a good amount of time preparing for the “Lvx In Tenebris” European tour that happened last year.
4.A lot of your lyrics deal with Luciferian Gnosis and the Left Hand Path, can you tell us a little bit more about how your involvement in the dark arts has evolved over the years?
4. Although knowledge does not have a limit or end, each one should take into account his personal evolution and improve in all possible aspects.
5. A lot of your lyrics also show a great amount of research, do you feel this is missing in a lot of black metal bands that approach either Satanic, Luciferian and Occult paths?
5. Everyone is free to express their knowledge in the best way they can.
6.The lyrics on the older albums also show some leanings towards alchemy, Enochian, Thelema and Gnosticism, do you take any inspirations from occult authors into your songwriting?
6. Of course, I have always taken the best of some authors which inspires our lyrics as well as we dedicate writing according to our knowledge and personal experiences.
7.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'LvxCaelis'?
7.Although the band was born after a personal purification, the idea of creating it goes beyond being a simple musical project. The inspiration we had then will be kept in secret and I will avoid getting into details.
We wanted to have a band name that doesn’t sound very “cliché” and that will also define and represent what we try to give with our art.
8.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the album cover?
8. The album cover was done by Åskväder / 109 Art. She got the freedom to illustrate the cover art according to what the music and lyrics inspired her, we also talked a bit in advance about my ideas and visions. Her style is very inspired in the old woodcuts, so that fitted very well in what I was looking for a cover art.
9.The band also has both A Chile line-up and a European line up for shows, what is the decision behind using 2 separate line-ups instead of working as a full band?
9. Back in 2014 I travelled to Europe to record “The Watchers” and the opportunity to perform live came to reality, so the European line-up helped me to fulfill these two shows in Germany and Belgium. I am forever grateful for their help of course.
Today we have a stable line up in Chile and we are working on new material.
10.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
10. Some events that come to mind are some ADF events in Santiago de Chile, September 2013, Oberhausen, Germany in August 2014, then the 2015 mini tour in the US, March 2018 in Santiago Chile joining Hetroertzen on their Chilean tour.
When we go on stage, we devote our performance to all the real supporters that are there and expect something memorable. We try to deliver the best we can in sound and performance. The visual aspects are always very important as well, that´s why we use some decorations that fits our music. Real human skulls, bones, incense, candles, all of that give the show a good touch.
11.Do you have any touring or show plans once the new album is released?
11. We have our release fest scheduled for December 13th in Santiago de Chile. We are also in conversations for a possible tour next year.
12.The new album is going to be released on 'Lamech Records', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
I have a close relationship with the people behind Lamech Records long before the label was created. To be part of Lamech Records was a rather natural outcome, they listened to our first demo and just felt it right to have us on their roster. Since then we have always worked together and always respected their standards.
They have done a good job in terms of production and distribution; I think that today the
label has its trademark registered in as for the level of their productions.
13.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
13. I think that the reception we have had so far has been pretty good. We are thankful to those who support us in different ways.
14.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
14. In the future, who knows, I prefer to not have high expectations and continue walking under the shadows, continue working to deliver our art to our followers and why not, reach those who today have not given themselves the time to listen to our music and experience our art.
15.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
15. Well maybe it is something extensive to make known or mention the musical styles that we keep up to date, since it will always vary according to the mood that one has, but there are always present old-school bands both Heavy Metal and Black metal among others , also some ambient music for some moments and endless music.
16.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
16. Thank you for your interest and support in the band, for the fans I hope you enjoy the new album and stay tuned for new developments.